January 1 was National Bloody Mary day – so I made some Bloody Marys! We used vodka as well as a couple of other variations (see below). It’s a great drink for brunch.
What you need:
- 2/3 cup vodka
- 2 cups tomato juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Garnish such as celery, green olives, pepperoncini peppers, bacon
How to Do it:
Place all the ingredients except the garnish in a large pitcher and stir, making sure to mix it all well. (A wire whisk works great).
Put ice into four 8-10 oz. glasses and pour the mixture over the ice. Use your choice of garnish (the classic is celery – I used them all!)
Makes 4 drinks
Here are some variations to make not using vodka:
- Use tequila to make a bloody Maria
- Beer instead of hard alcohol is refreshing – a Beery Mary (my husband’s creation)
- No alcohol at all – a Virgin Mary. I like to add a splash of lemon infused sparkling water to it.
© Copyright 2017 The Lazy Gastronome