BLT Pasta – Bacon, Leaves (basil) and Tomatoes
What you need:
- 1 cup small, dry pasta (I used ditalini)
- 1/3 pound of bacon, cut into chunks
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half length-wise
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced very thin
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- Parmesan cheese (not the stuff in the can)
How to Do it:
Cook the pasta in salted water until it is tender but still al dente. Drain
While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon until it is crisp. Drain off most of the fat and add the garlic. Lightly sauté on med for about 2 minutes.
Add all the ingredients back into the pasta pan and mix.
Put into serving bowls and top with fresh grated parmesan.