Chile-Lime Pork Tacos and Taco Tuesday Linky #6
We’re changing up Taco Tuesday a bit. We’re going to start it off with a taco or taco inspired recipe, then finish it off with your posts!
We need you to share your taco (or burrito or nacho) inspired recipes! What would you cook on Taco Tuesday?
There will be ONE feature each week as well. So what’s cooking this week? How about…
What you need:
- 1 to 1 ½ pound pork shoulder steak
- ½ teaspoon each, Garlic powder & Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ of an onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Corn Tortillas
- Condiments of your choice (we used sliced radishes, green onion, cilantro and lime wedges)
How to Do it:
Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper, cumin, chili powders and salt together. Rub both sides of the pork with the spice mixture,
Place the onion on top of the pork.
Cook, uncovered, at 300 degrees for one hour, then turn the meat and cook an additional 1 to 1 ½ hours. The meat should simply fall apart but still be moist.
Heat the tortillas and serve with condiments.
Makes about 6-8 tacos servings
We were featured on the Dedicated house Sunday Showcase!
© Copyright 2017 The Lazy Gastronome
Are you ready for the party?
Here are the most visited post from last week – From Olla-Podrida – Slow Cooker Christmas Day (or any day) Taco Soup!
And now lets get this week started!
The rules are simple –
- This is a blog HOP – please hop on over to some of the other blogs and say hi!
- This is a food blog – so keep your posts food related, preferably with recipes,
- Keep with the theme, but think broad – Taco Inspired!
Please spread the word – We need more Tacos!!
Help our party grow by sharing!! Please Tweet and Facebook an invitation to your friends.
We’ll be here every Tuesday through Saturday!
So here we go –