A classic summer side that goes with anything grilled! Top a burger, serve with steak or pork, or toss it into a salad….
What you need:
- 2 ears of corn – grilled
- ¼ cup chopped red and yellow bell pepper (about 1/8 cup each)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon stone ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (like Tapatio or tabasco)
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- Salt to taste
How to Do it:
After grilling the corn, allow it to cool (or refrigerate it overnight) and cut it off the cob.
Break up the kernels and put it in a mixing bowl with the onion and bell pepper.
In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (except the salt) with a wire whisk.
Pour into the vegetables and mix well. Add salt to taste.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, better overnight.
Serve cold with grilled meat.
Makes about 2 ½ cups of relish.
© Copyright 2016 The Lazy Gastronome