One Pot Pork & Cabbage Dinner
It’s getting to be that busy holiday season – running here and running there. But dinner still has to be served. Here’s a super easy, One Pot meal that you do in your crock pot. When you get home, it’s dinner!!
Succulent pork with tender potatoes, sweet carrots, delicious cabbage, and a sauce that dances in your mouth!
What you need:
- 2 ½ to 3 pounds pork shoulder blade roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot cut into 1” rounds
- 1 Granny smith apple, peeled, cored and quartered
- ½ of a large head of cabbage cut into strips
- 2 over-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 yellow potatoes cut into half
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
How to Do it:
Liberally add salt and pepper to all sides of the roast. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a skillet and brown the roast on both sides.
Place the onion, carrot, apple and potatoes into the bottom of the crock pot.
Top that with the cabbage and pour the broth over.
Place the browned roast on top.
Turn crock pot to high for about 1 hour.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 6 hours, until the meat is fork tender.
Serve in a shallow bowl with some of the broth. Add butter or margarine to the potatoes and enjoy.
© Copyright 2016 The Lazy Gastronome