Pasta of the Month – Macaroni Salad
Who doesn’t love pasta? It has a pretty interesting history and no one really quite knows where it originated from, but one this is for sure, pasta is delicious!
This month pasta takes the form of a delicious side dish –
What you need:
- 8 oz dry ditalini pasta (it’s the little tubes, also called salad macaroni)
- 3 eggs
- 1 small pickle, chopped (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 10 black, pitted olives, sliced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pimento
- ¼ of a medium red onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 to 1 ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to Do it:
In a large saucepan of water, add the dry pasta and eggs. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium and cook until pasta is tender. Drain and allow to cool.
Peel the eggs and chop 2 of them – save the third for the garnish on top.
Mix all the vegetables and chopped eggs with the pasta. Add one cup of the mayonnaise and the mustard and mix well. If it’s too dry, add more mayonnaise.
Add the salt and pepper to taste.
Place in a serving bowl and smooth the top. Put sliced egg over the top and sprinkle lightly with more paprika.
You might also like:
© Copyright 2016 The Lazy Gastronome