Ah, it’s the new year and everyone starts the fitness and weight loss regimes! To honor eating better, this week will be recipes that are healthy and taste fabulous!! Starting with –
What you need:
- 1 # of small, young carrots
- 1 # of haricot verts (you can also use thin, tender green beans)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fresh, chopped thyme leaves
How to Do it:
Wash the vegetables and allow them to dry on a clean cloth. Do not cut off the ends of the beans or the carrots.
Toss the vegetables with the oil and the seasonings.
Roast at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the carrots are fork tender but still firm.
Remove from heat and serve immediately!
I enjoy eating the leftovers cold with my fingers!
© Copyright 2016 The Lazy Gastronome