Here’s a soup inspired by Southern Comfort food – just throw it in the crock pot and when you get home – It’s Dinner! You can use some of that left over ham we made yesterday!
What you need:
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 2 ½ cups cooked beans (or one can)
- 2 cups chopped mustard greens
- 2 cups chopped collard greens (stems removed)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon tabasco sauce
How to Do it:
First remove the thick stem from the greens, then chop them.
Add the greens to the crockpot,
then add the ham, beans and chicken broth. Cook on high for 45 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 hours.
Serve with cornbread and offer more tabasco for those who like it spicy (like me).
© Copyright 2017 the Lazy Gastronome