I love chanterelles – my favorite wild mushroom – and this is my favorite thing to make with them! Cream of Chanterelle Soup!
And here’s how you do it…
What you Need:
- 4-5 cups of raw mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoon of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cup garlic infused chicken broth (or plain if you don’t like garlic)
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream or half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4-5 saffron threads (optional)
- 1/4 cup cream sherry
Here’s how you do it:
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Cook in the butter until soft. Add the garlic and cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned. There should be about 2 ½ cups cooked mushrooms.
- Save out ½ cup of the mushrooms and chop them small. Place the remaining mushrooms and the broth in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Place in a large sauce pan with the remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Serve hot. You can add an additional Tablespoon of sherry to each bowl when serving if you’d like.
- Makes about 4 cups
Beautiful Chanterelle Mushrooms