Looking for a quick meal or a hearty lunch? Here is a simple stir fry you can whip up in no time. Buy the chicken already cooked and the broccoli already cut –
What you need:
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cup green onion, sliced at an angle
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons minced, fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon minced, fresh garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 2 cup cooked rice (I used black rice)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 Tablespoons broth or water
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
How to Do it:
Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet on low. Add the aromatics (ginger and garlic) and gently sauté for about 2 minutes.
Increase the heat to medium and stir in the vegetables (onion, mushrooms and broccoli). Add the broth or water and cook for about 3 minutes, or until all the liquid is evaporated.
Stir in the chicken and rice and cook, heating all the ingredients through. Be careful not to overcook. The broccoli should be soft but still firm.
Stir in the sesame seeds and serve hot!
Makes about 4 servings (two if you’re really hungry!)
© Copyright 2017 The Lazy Gastronome