- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped broccoli (cut the florets into small pieces)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 crimini (brown) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 c. sweet potato puffs (I use Alexia brand)
- 8 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (I like garlic salt)
- ½ – ¾ cup grated sharp cheddar
Sauté the onions and broccoli in the olive oil until they
are slightly softened. Add the mushrooms
and 1 teaspoon of butter and cook until they have started to absorb the
While the vegetables are cooking, break up the potato puff and add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter.
Divide the vegetable mix into fourths and put on top of the
potatoes. Place the grated cheese evenly on all four quiches. Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper and pour 1/4 of the mixture into each pan. Place the pans on a cookie sheet to protect your oven from
spillage. Bake at 350 degrees for about
40-50 minutes; until a knife comes out clean when pushed into the center – and
the tops are starting to brown.
Remove from oven and serve hot.
© Copyright 2016 The Lazy Gastronome