I love my crock pot and I love chili. It’s that cup that warms you up while you eat it – and this one will do just that. Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you. It’s mostly spices! Just throw it all in your crock pot in the morning and you’ll have a pot of chili when you get home!
What you need:
- 1 pound of cut up beef for stew (or chuck)
- 1 16-oz can of pinto beans, drained
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 16-oz can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- ½ cup tomato based vegetable juice
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon of regular chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon of ancho chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon of chipotle chili powder
- Avocado, shredded cheddar and chopped red onion for garnish
How to Do it:
Put everything (except the garnishes) into the crockpot. Mix it up well (taste the liquid to see if it needs more salt or pepper).
Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or until the meat falls apart.
Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped onion, diced avocado and a little shredded cheese.
Warning – this is a bit spicy – a little sour cream will help to counter that or leave out the chipotle powder and use more regular chili powder.
Makes about 4 servings